×

Warning

JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 63

banner2

Fleas

When it comes to fleas it is much easier to prevent infestation because once you have fleas on your pet and in it's environment they can prove rather difficult to eradicate.

There are 4 life cycles of the flea. The adult flea makes up only 5% of the flea population. The remaining 95% consits of eggs, larvae and pupae which can be found in your carpet and between floorboards, in your cat's bedding, under and in furniture, even in the garden. So, using a product that treats all of the lifecycles is extremely important.

There are also medical reasons for treating your cat/kitten for fleas. The adult flea can be ingested during grooming and once inside your cat or kitten's stomach is broken down and a tapeworm is released. The tapeworm then connects itself to the intestinal tract and matures before segments break off which can then be found in your cat's faeces. Kittens are at risk of becoming anaemic when infested with fleas which can be fatal. Some cats are alergic to flea saliva which is a condition known as flea allergy dermatitis, a very common skin allergy in cats.

To avoid all of these problems, we recommend you use a topical treatment such as Frontline Plus, Advantage or Revolution which comes in a liquid form and is applied between the shoulder blades once a month all year round.